2008 Week 9 NFL Power Rankings
(Dated: Oct. 28 - Nov. 2, 2008)
Mention the Bankroll Sports NFL power rankings @ get a...
100% Match Bonus (up to $1000) @ Oddsmaker
Do Your NFL Betting @ Oddsmaker & Get 100% Bonus: Click Here
Exclusive Bonus - Must Mention Bankroll Sports & Use Above Links For 100% Bonus
1. Tennessee Titans (7-0) - The Titans pulled off their seventh straight win on Monday night in a 31-21 fashion over the Indianapolis Colts. The Titans cemented their lead in the AFC South; to four games over Indianapolis, Houston and Jacksonville. The Titans have allowed just 87 points in seven games so far this season. Kerry Collins has completed 99 of 170 passes, for 1056 yards but just three touchdowns. LenDale White has ran for 10 touchdowns on just 90 carries on the season. The Titans will host the 4-3 Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
2. New York Giants (6-1) - Survived 21-14 on Sunday over Pittsburgh. With the win, the Giants remain the # 2 team in the NFL. The Giants are ahead of Washington in the division by a half game, with the Cowboys and Eagles at 5-3 and 4-3. Eli Manning has continued putting up solid numbers throwing for over 1500 yards and 9 touchdowns. The Giants now host Dallas on Sunday in a big NFC East battle.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) - The Steelers stay at # 3, despite the loss to New York on Sunday. Pittsburgh led in the game 14-9, but allowed 12 straight points in the fourth quarter to fall. The Steelers still lead the AFC North with a 5-2 mark, followed b y Baltimore at 4-3 and Cleveland at 3-4. The Steelers will take on Washington on Monday Night football in Washington.
4. Washington Redskins (6-2) - The Redskins survived a scare from Detroit, but came away with a 25-17 win. The win moved them to 6-2 overall, and just ½ game behind the Giants in the NFC East. In the win, Washington got 126 yards from their star running back Clinton Portis. On the season Portis has ran for over 900 yards and scored 7 touchdowns. The win for Washington moved them from # 7 to # 4. The Redskins will now host Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football this week.
5. Carolina Panthers (6-2) - The Panthers picked up a huge win over Arizona on Sunday; 27-23. After the Panthers trailed most of the game, they were able to make a late rally and come up with their sixth win of the season. The win moved Carolina in the lead in the NFC South; just ahead of Tampa Bay at 5-3, Atlanta at 4-3, and New Orleans at 4-4. The win moved them up four spots from # 9 to # 5. The Panthers will have this Sunday off then play in a November 9th game at Oakland.
6. New England Patriots (5-2) - The Patriots seem to be finding their stride as we reach the midway point of the season. Winners of two straight over Denver and St. Louis, the Patriots now set themselves up for a Sunday Night battle with the Indianapolis Colts. The Patriots are now tied with Buffalo atop the AFC East with matching 5-2 marks. The Patriots and Bills still play twice this season with the first meeting November 9th in Foxboro, and then again on December 28th in Buffalo. The win for Buffalo allowed them to rise five positions from # 11 to # 6.
7. Buffalo Bills (5-2) - Buffalo fell 3 spots after their 25-16 loss to Miami on Sunday. In the loss, the Bills turned the ball over four times, including three fumbles. The loss for Buffalo allowed New England to tie the min the conference at 5-2 marks. The Bills have outscored opponents 165-143 on the season. Buffalo is 3-0 at home, and just 2-2 on the road so far this season. On Sunday the Bills will battle the New York Jets, who are 4-3, just one game back in the division. After the Jets game, Buffalo will take on New England in Foxboro.
8. Dallas Cowboys (5-3) - The Cowboys picked up a game on Sunday that was considered by some as a must win. The win moved Dallas to 5-3 overall, and just 1.5 back in the NFC East of the Giants. Without Tony Romo, the Cowboys offense has sputtered, with Brad Johnson behind center. Dallas has scored just 23 points in the two games without Romo. Roy Williams caught his first touchdown as a Cowboy on Sunday. Terrell Owens has gone two games without a touchdown catch. The win for Dallas moved them up 7 spots from # 15 to # 8. Dallas will play a huge NFC East game on Sunday at the New York Giants.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-3) - After losing to Dallas on Sunday, Tampa Bay fell four spots from # 5 to # 9. The Buccaneers offense sputtered all afternoon just scoring nine points, on three Matt Bryant field goals. Jeff Garcia threw for 227 yards, but the Dallas defense was the difference. Tampa Bay has outscored opponents 170-120 on the year. The Buccaneers are 4-0 this season in games play at Raymond James Stadium. The Buccaneers will take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
10. Green Bay Packers (4-3) - The Packers are coming off their bye week, and remain at # 10. Green Bay is currently tied with the Bears atop the NFC North with a 4-3 mark. Green Bay has won games over Minnesota, Detroit, Seattle and Indianapolis. The Packers three losses have come to Dallas, Tampa Bay and Atlanta all three on the road. Green Bay has outscored opponents 194-159 on the season. The Packers are 2-1 when playing in road games this season. The Packers will travel to Nashville on Sunday to face the Titans.
11. Philadelphia Eagles (4-3) - The Eagles came away with a big win on Sunday over Atlanta; moving them up from # 16 to # 11. Philadelphia is now 4-3 on the season, but still two games out of first place in the NFC East. The Eagles have scored 194 points and allowed 137 on the season. This Sunday Philadelphia will travel across the country to take on the Seattle Seahawks. The Eagles are 1-2 thus far when playing in road games.
12. Atlanta Falcons (4-3) - The Falcons were victims of Philadelphia on Sunday. In the loss, the Falcons dropped from # 13 to # 6 in the latest rankings. The Falcons are in third place in the NFC South, trailing 6-2 Green Bay and 5-3 Tampa Bay. Atlanta has been outscored 154-153 on the season, and are just 1-3 in road games. Atlanta will take to the road on Sunday and travel to Oakland to battle the Raiders.
13. Arizona Cardinals (4-3) - Arizona was a victim to Carolina on Sunday; and with that loss drop six spots in the rankings. In the 27-23 loss to Carolina, Arizona turned the ball over twice, and allowed 113 rushing yards to the Panthers. The Cardinals have four wins on the season; over San Francisco, Miami, Buffalo and Dallas. The Cardinals three losses have come to Washington, NY Jets and Carolina. Arizona will travel to divisional opponent St. Louis on Sunday.
14. Chicago Bears (4-3) - The Bears took last Sunday off and despite not losing; the Bears fell one position in the rankings. Chicago currently is tied with Green Bay atop the NFC North with matching 4-3 marks. The Bears have scored 196 points and allowed 150 on the season. Quarterback Kyle Orton, who has thrown for 1669 yards, leads Chicago. The Bears are 2-1 in games played at Solider Field. On Sunday Chicago will host the 0-7 Detroit Lions.
15. Denver Broncos (4-3) - The Broncos were also a victim of the bye week. During their week off, the Broncos looked to regroup from the week seven loss to New England. Denver is 4-3 on the year with wins over Oakland, San Diego, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay. The three losses for Denver have come to Kansas City, Jacksonville and New England. The Broncos fell from # 14 to # 15 this week.
16. Indianapolis Colts (3-4) - The Colts dropped several positions after a Monday Night Football defeat at the hands of divisional rival Tennessee. The Colts now are four full games back in the division, and their streak of AFC South titles is one the line. The Colts will take on the red hot 5-2 New England Patriots on Sunday night in a game played at home; in Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis is 1-2 in games played at home this season.
17. New York Jets (4-3) - The Jets are coming off a close call on Sunday in which they downed Kansas City 28-24. New York now has four wins over; Miami, Arizona, Cincinnati and Kansas City; no real world-beaters. Move up two positions from # 19 after their win over Kansas City. The Jets three losses have been to New England, San Diego, and Oakland. The Jets have outscored opponents 182-170 so far this season. On Sunday the Jets will travel to division leading Buffalo (5-2). The Jets are 1-2 on the road this season.
18. Baltimore Ravens (4-3) - The Ravens are winners of two straight games; over Miami and Oakland. With the win on Sunday the Ravens move up from # 20 to # 18. The two wins have come by double digits, after losing three straight to Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Indianapolis. The Ravens have been led all season by a rookie quarterback Joe Flacco. Flacco has thrown for just three touchdowns on the season. The Ravens sit just one game behind Pittsburgh in the division. Baltimore will travel to divisional foe Cleveland on Sunday. The Ravens are 1-2 so far this season on the road.
19. New Orleans Saints (4-4) - The Saints went to London last Sunday and came away with a big victory over San Diego. In the 37-32 win; quarterback Drew Brees threw for 339 yards and three touchdowns. The win for New Orleans kept them just two games behind Carolina (6-2) in the division. With the win, the Saints moved from two spots from # 21 last week. The Saints will take this Sunday off before traveling to Atlanta on November 9th.
20. Minnesota Vikings (3-4) - The Vikings are coming off a bye week, and after the bye moved up two positions from # 22 to # 20. Minnesota sits at a game behind both Green Bay and Chicago in the NFC North. The Vikings have won their three games over; Carolina, New Orleans and Detroit. The Vikings four losses have been to; Green Bay, Indianapolis, Tennessee and Chicago. The Vikings will host the 3-4 Houston Texans on Sunday.
21. Cleveland Browns (3-4) - With the big win over Jacksonville on Sunday the Browns move up two spots from # 23 to # 21. The Browns have sputtered Rise two positions from # 23 with their win over Jacksonville. The Browns are two games behind the current division leader; Pittsburgh. Cleveland has been outscored 123-115 on the season. Cleveland will host divisional opponent Baltimore on Sunday. The Browns and Ravens have played once this season with Cleveland falling victim.
22. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4) - The Jaguars fell victim to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. With the loss Jacksonville fell five positions from # 17 to # 22. The Jaguars are now 3-4 on the year, and sit at four games back of the Titans. Jacksonville will take on the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.
23. San Diego Chargers (3-5) - The San Diego Chargers continue to struggle in season with high expectations. The Chargers fell victim to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday in London. The loss dropped them down five positions, all the way to # 23 on the season. San Diego will take this Sunday off to regroup before taking on the Kansas City Chiefs on November 9th.
24. Houston Texans (3-4) - The Houston Texans have now won three straight games and continue to stay at # 24 in the polls. The Texans three wins have come over Miami, Detroit and Cincinnati. Matt Schuab has re-grouped as the starting quarterback and has thrown for over 250 yards in each of the last three games. Houston is tied with Indianapolis and Jacksonville four games behind the divisional leader Tennessee. The Texans will travel to Minnesota on Sunday and face another 3-4 team; the Vikings.
25. Miami Dolphins (3-4) - The win over Buffalo on Sunday moved the Dolphins up one position from # 26 to # 25. The win put Miami at 3-4 overall, but still at the bottom of the AFC East. The Dolphins have been outscored 146-145 so far this season. On Sunday the Dolphins take on the Denver Broncos on the road. Miami is 1-2 this season on the road.
26. Oakland Raiders (2-5) - The Raiders fell victim to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday; and dropped a spot; down to # 26. The Raiders two wins have come over Kansas City and the Jets this season. The five losses for Oakland have been to Denver, Buffalo, San Diego, New Orleans and Baltimore. The Raiders will host 4-3 Atlanta on Sunday. In three home games played this season, Oakland has won 1.
27. Seattle Seahawks (2-5) - Seattle snapped their three game losing streak on Sunday in knocking off the San Francisco 49ers. The Seahawks in those three games had been outscored by a total of 91-33. Seattle is still without quarterback Matt Hasslebeck, and youngster Seneca Wallace has filled in. With the win Seattle was able to move up two positions. The Seahawks are two games behind division leader Arizona. On Sunday the Seahawks will host Philadelphia.
28. St Louis Rams (2-5) - After two impressive wins over Dallas and Washington; the Rams fell short on Sunday; falling to New England. The loss forced the Rams down a position to # 28. The Rams have been outscored this season 201-112 on the year. St. Louis will take on the Arizona Cardinals, at home on Sunday. The Rams are 1-2 this season when playing at home.
29. San Francisco 49ers (2-6) - San Francisco's new head coaching change did not matter on Sunday as Seattle topped the 49ers. The loss caused the 49ers to drop down a spot to # 29. San Francisco has been outscored on the year 230-171. The 49ers have dropped five straight games after starting the season 2-1. San Francisco's five straight losses have come to New Orleans, New England, Philadelphia, New York Giants, and Seattle. San Francisco will take their bye week this week before traveling to Arizona on Monday November 10th.
30. Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) - Aarowhead Stadium has not been kind to the Kansas City Chiefs this season. The Chiefs are 0-4 when playing games at home, and 1-2 while on the road. The loss on Sunday kept the Chiefs at # 30. Kansas City will host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday. So far on the season the Chiefs have been outscored 193-99.
31. Cincinnati Bengals (0-8) - The Bengals remain winless, and have the worst record in all of the National Football League. Without quarterback Carson Palmer, the Bengals offense does not look to be heading in the right direction. With the loss on Sunday the Bengals remain # 31 only ahead of the winless Detroit Lions. Opponents 217-104 this season have outscored the Bengals. Cincinnati will host the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
32. Detroit Lions (0-7) - The Lions have been outscored 212-114 on the season, and have lost all seven games. The loss on Sunday to the 25-17 defeat, which was their closest game of the season. The loss kept the Lions at the bottom of the power rankings at # 32. The Lions sit at the bottom of the NFC north; trailing Chicago, Green Bay and Detroit. Detroit will take on the Chicago Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field in Chicago. The Lions were 34-7 victims the last time Chicago and Detroit met.
Purchase our expert NFL Football picks and premium service plays developed by our Sports Handicapping professionals using the packages table below.
Purchase Premium Sports Picks - Current Packages Available
Each Membership Plan Includes All Sports Picks in Every Sport
(You do NOT need to purchase separate picks for college & NFL football picks)
| Sports Handicapping Subscription Plan
||Method To Purchase Picks By
|One Day Bankroll Picks Membership Purchase
|Two Day Bankroll Picks Membership Purchase
|One Week Bankroll Picks Membership Purchase
|Two Week Bankroll Picks Membership Purchase
|One Month Sports Picks Membership Purchase
|3 Month Sports Picks Membership Purchase
|One Year Bankroll Picks Membership Purchase
|2018 NFL & College Football Picks Special